Friday, December 19, 2008

I feel that god test us in so many ways that we don’t understand. For years now I'm been wanting and trying to have a baby. There's been nights that I've cried myself to sleep. I've asked God "Why me lord, why?" I realized that life is full of uncertainties.

Here I am dwelling on my own grief and sorrow that I don't focus on the world around me. There are more important things going on. A friend of mine just lost her baby almost a week before his 1st birthday from Krabbes disease. My heart hurts for the whole family. I wish I could take the pain away. Grey touched so many of us with his smile that it's hard to say good bye. I rather say see you later baby. That's what I'm holding on to. I realized that life doesn't stop, it goes on. Here is a Serenity prayer that a good friend of mine shared with me:

GOD, grant me the
Serenity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can and
the Wisdom to know the difference.

Thank You Delia for sharing I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for helping out with Grey's memorial. I was so glad to see you, yet I knew you'd be there. Just know that now we can constantly feel Grey's spirit, something that often escapes us with those who are around everyday. I picture him hanging on to my leg as I walk down the halls of school. God has a huge plan for all of us, and although we may not like it or think it makes since, in His eyes it does. We'll all be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susana,

    The Serenity Prayer is a favorite of mine. I find myself reciting it frequently. I pray that one day you are blessed with a child. I'm sorry for the pain you are going through. Don't give up.

    Misti

    ReplyDelete